I came home very ambitious to whip up some chicken and pesto sauce. Then I thought to myself, “I wonder if I can make a creamy pesto sauce?” Well, by George, I did and it was delicious. Coincidentally, I had all of the ingredients on hand. Here’s how I made it.
I cut up two chicken breasts into strip chunks and began sauting them in a little olive oil.
To make the sauce, I had some Trader Joe’s pesto, heavy whipping cream and pure Irish butter.
Once the chicken no longer had any pink on its outer edges and was starting to brown, I added a 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream,
about 2 tablespoons of Irish butter,
a little bit of olive oil to thin out the cream,
and some of the pesto (I’d say about 1/4 cup).
Stir to combine and then turn down the heat so the cream warms but doesn’t burn. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Then serve over rice for a delicious meal. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons pure Irish butter
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto
- sea salt, to taste
- Set rice cooker to cook rice until done.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strip chunks and saute in olive oil until no pink shows.
- Combine remaining ingredients and reduce mixture to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally, and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve over bowl of rice.